Question: What is your philosophy in life based on the different roles you play? As a daughter, wife, teacher, mother, and a friend?


                              The strong pillars of my belief rooted from the biblical scriptures. I will explain later why I decided it to be that way. Hundreds of philosophers, theorists proposed different wisdom and studies about life and how these studies affect the growth and development of a human being from cognitive to their behavior and even in the holistic development of a person. I even followed some of these philosophers’ ideals to help me grow as a person. Growing as a human being from birth to who I am now is fascinating to imagine. But these makes sense especially when it comes to how I handle myself to specific roles in our society. Every role that I play needs an idealistic path of wisdom even in my shallow understanding to guide me blend in the right and proper situation. A role of a daughter in the universal understanding implies that there is a mother and father and is reasonably expects physical and emotional support and nurturing from parents. But regardless of these notion, I myself as a daughter significantly supports my parents’ well-being. It was even stated in the biblical scripture Exudos 20:12 “Honor your father and mother that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you”. Whomever our parents maybe, strong or old, healthy or in sick, with wealth or just, as a daughter, I am here to honor and respect them for they were the vial of my existence. Without my parents, there will be no me. And my parents were the first teacher that taught me about life and how to survive it without flourishing with sugar coated fantasy but reality with love.

The other role of my existence in our society is being a Teacher. I will be skipping the part of being a wife nor a mother since I haven’t been able to reach that part. But giving my point of view of me being a wife, I think and believe that I would be a good wife. Submissive but loving and God fearing. But it might be hard for me to become a wife since it is rare to find a good man in today’s society. A mother’s role, giving the fact the literal way of becoming a mother is when you gave birth to your own flesh and blood might be impossible for as of this time. But the motherhood doesn’t only limit on having your own offspring but also on how you divide your love among 60 children and each still have all your love. And I must say being a Teacher plays a great role of that motherhood. On my own experience of being a teacher, I have been through a lot of troubled students and these students were all identified to belong in a broken family or disturbed family circle. I’ve seen those children eyes longing for love and care. And as a teacher, it is my role to not only teach them academically but also to nurture them with love and care. Having a difficult situation in their homes due to lack of support from family, the school as a second home must give an effort to support these students with proper guidance. Teacher plays the vital role for that by becoming the second parent whom to model and mold their students. And as for my role, I slowly understood that there have no bad students or troublemaker students only the unguided and unloved ones. So it may be a challenge for us to continue understanding the needs of the students to give them the proper guidance that they need but also to help them grow as a good citizen of the society.
How do we really address these challenges? We can help through equipping ourselves with the knowledge and wisdom through different philosophies and even inculcating our own philosophies of life as well. These philosophical foundations may help us understand what philosophy applies in a subject matter, how to understand what work best among our students and most especially how to effectively teach the student academically and real life situations. So these are my role as a teacher.
The last role that I play in our society base of the choices given above  is my role as a friend. I have one favorite bible verse that gives me the strength base with regards to my ideals/ philosophies as a friend. It was taken from Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 “Two are better than one, because they have a good return of their labor; if either of them falls down one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up”. This scripture greatly form my belief of being a friend. There is nothing more beautiful gift than being a friend and having friends. They will help you in times of trouble and will lift you up if you are blue. They are the most beautiful creatures. There might be ups and down but at the end of the day your friends are still there to keep you warm. My role to my friend is to be loyal to them. Help them grow personally and professionally. I will be there (physically or not) to help them up especially at their worst time. We might not see each other often but I can assure them that nothing will change. I will be happy for their success. I will be the first to root for them if they meet new friends and love. Seeing the smiles of their faces gives warms to my heart. Few friends are enough if it is genuinely true.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

MODYUL4:WEEK 8 LIPUNANG SIBIL, MEDIA AT SIMBAHAN

ASSESSMENT 1 (PAGGAWA NG PIE GRAPH)